[EXS82] Engine GNSS, How ephemeris and almanac retrieving work | Thales IoT Developer Community
August 24, 2021 - 2:56pm, 330 views
I use the EXS82 Module and I don't understand how ephemeris and almanac retrieving work.
I make fix cycles in Startmode "0".
- Start module.
- Send "engine 3" to start GNSS.
- After 35s I receive "Engine OK". What happens during that time ? is this the treatment for Almanac/Ephemeris ?
- After few time I received a position.
- I send "Engine 0" to stop GNSS.
- Finally, switch off module with "AT+SMSO" command.
When device is switched on again (without losing power supply, just switched off), Almanac and ephemeris are retained and used for next fix ?
I've seen, if SIM is inserted time taken to receive "Engine OK" is variable ( < 35s).
Thanks for your help.