MFF2 SIM Cards Specs. MIM QUAD
Documentation, March 5, 2014 - 11:17pm, 52223 views
FullM2M Quad Overview
- The FullM2M Quad is a Machine Identity Module (MIM) specifically designed for M2M applications. The FullM2M Quad MIM combines traditional smart card security with a more rugged form factor, it is designed to avoid usage of a SIM socket (direct soldering on device’s printed circuit board).
This MIM has a specific form factor (DFN-8, also called SON-8, and previously called VQFN-8 in some documents) defined as MFF2 in the ETSI M2M UICC standard (TS 102.671).
- Packaging --> ETSI MFF2 (also know as DFN8/ SON8 /VQFN-8)
- Operating Temperature --> -40ºC to +105ºc
- Networks compliancy --> 2G/3G/4G
- Supply Voltage --> ISO class A(5V), B(3V) & C (1.8V)
- Communication protocol --> ISO
- OS features --> Javacard ,eXtended-Life , eUICC
eXtended-Life operating system is a Gemalto’s M2M specific operating system especially designed to maximize the lifespan of the memory chip, making it more resistant to stress (erase/write cycles) and allowing to have a very high level of reliability on the field.
eUICC is a new feature being implemented in Gemalto products. eUICC transforms the traditional UICC into a Multiple Independant Profile Areas UICC (MIPA concept) where different profiles from different MNOs can securely cohabit in the same chip and can remotely be administrated (download, activation, deletion).
- Compliant with ETSI TS 1202.671 MFF2
- Pin outline
- Compliant with MFF2 ETSI specs (M2M UICC - TS102.671). Cx is the corresponding contact reference on SIM module as per ETSI TS 102.221.
A reference design can be found under the schematics of the concept board