Thales IoT Developer Community
About this Platform
FAQ, January 14, 2014 - 4:19pm, 10712 views
Got any questions regarding our new Gemalto Developer Zone? Here you'll find the answer to everything you want to know.
Whether you are just dabbling in M2M for the first time, an experienced hobbyist, or a seasoned M2M developer, this interactive site is open for everyone involved in the M2M ecosystem.
Very good question! You can not only find a wealth of information and resources for adding wireless connectivity to devices, machines and objects and building innovative M2M applications - you can create content yourself: In the forum you can open new threads, answer and comment and discuss with other users and our Gemalto Experts. In the knowledge base you have the chance to let the M2M World know about your solutions, present your ideas and share your love for M2M.
No, this platform is and will be free of charge!
Yes, we defined some "netiquette" we would kindly ask you to consider. “Netiquette”, or the etiquette of the Internet, are simple rules and guidelines for communicating online to keep things polite and positive to help ensure a good experience for all users. Following are guidelines for participating in the Gemalto Developer Platform:
- The language of the platform is English, please use English for questions, comments and to share other content
- Use proper grammar and spelling but be mindful that people from all over the world participate in forums, English is not the native language of all users
- Be polite, helpful and supportive
- Share your knowledge
- Respect diverse perspectives, diversity fosters creativity and innovation
- Keep it short and simple
- Avoid inflammatory, aggressive or rude remarks, especially in heated or emotional conversations, even if someone “flames” you
- Stay objective and consider other points of view without necessarily agreeing
- Respect intellectual property rights for images, ideas, quotes, code, etc.
- Be patient, participants come from many different time zones and answers may not come immediately
- Share only information intended for this audience (M2M and IoT developers)
- Do not share confidential or proprietary information
- No spamming, mass emailing or commercial posts allowed
- Avoid sending repetitious or strings of emails to the same person or people (no personal spamming)
- Avoid sarcasm and irony, it is rarely received as intended
- Avoid links to external webpages that contain offensive, politically incorrect or pornographic content