PHS8 modem dedection by computer | Thales IoT Developer Community
May 7, 2020 - 10:24am, 4136 views
- I am tring to install PHS8-P modem. yesturday i was able to comunicate with modem throuh computer (win 7). And sent some AT comands by Hyper Terminal. But to day computer cant dedect USB port and modem. Can someone help to me?
2. Data logger shows modem is offline. I think so may be firmware is old. I have got new version but how to download to the modem. Do we need to use AT comands. If yes which of them is usefull for me.
If it did work you have probably installed the drivers. Do you mean that you can't see the module in the device manager any more or that the port can't be opened in the terminal program?
Please try to disconnect the module from the power and connect again. Then check in Device Manager if it's detected and after that open the terminal if it is detected.
As for the firmware if you have it as an executable file you just need to open it, select the modem port (AT^SQPORT? command returns the port type) and start. But the module ***** to be detected by the system first and you need to be able to communicate with it.
Thanks, I established comunication. But now, I have a problem with connection internet. It is old modem with old firmware. I think if i cant connect to the internet, there is problem with firmware. Now I desided to reset firmware. I have got it like (exe) file. I am reading of the AT commands manual and i see need to use some AT commands to reset(or update last version) firmiware. For example AT^SFDL. But on a instruction manual writen for PHS8 firimware must be avialable USF format file. It is not clear to me 100% can I reset exe format file with this AT command or need to find USF format file. If it is so, where can I find and to reset.
One more question: can I use windows 7 to update firmware or only need to use Lunix?
Please describe the problem - what exactly you do and what happens. As for the firmware update if you have .exe file you most probably have gWinSwup application which already includes the firmware. So the only thing you need to do is to start the application in any Windows system, select the port (modem port) and start the update process. Please check the current firmware version with 'ATI1' command and compare to the file name you have. To use AT^SFDL command you need .usf file (which contains the firmware image only) and you need to implement the update logic (which is already implemented in gWinSwup) by yourself.
The latest firmware you can generally obtain via extranet if you have access or via your distributor.
Thank you for support. My device(data logger) shows modem is offline. And i desided to update firmware. Regarding your offer to me, my steps must be like this:
1. I will use Hyper Terminal.
2. First I will send AT command for vrification communication with Hyper terminal and modem.
3. Then I will send ATI 1.
4. Than I will click to "exe" file like "PHS8-P v03.320_arn0100006_GWINSWUP"
5. Than I have to select Serial Port and set "Bits per second" let me to say "115200" or another.
6. Do I need to upload firmware from Hyper Terminal??????????????????????
7. Or just need to click to the "exe" file GWINSWUP, than select Serial Port and click START button and wait for when it will finish.???????????????????
8. After uploading firmware I have to configurate all AT commands again, which is important for communication. Am i right or not?????????????????
I have suggested sending ATI1 (you can use hyper terminal) so that you could verify the current firmware and make sure if the file you have is suitable and contains the newer firmware. You should also check with AT^SQPORT? the port type - it ***** to be a modem port for firmware update. In case of USB you don't need to care about the baudrate. In case of RS232 it should be the currently used baudrate - most probably 115200 as it is the default. In case of using gWinSwup nothing else is needed - usf file is inside gWinSwup file. Firmware update might change some settings.
see picture I am about this. Do i need to upload firmware from exe file or need to use Hyper terminal?picture.docx
I have got this email from data logger company
I think you don’t need to change the firmware, it was working before, or?
1. ****m doesn’t support 4G.
2. Please check if the state blocked the ****m. They can do it depending on the IMEI number
3. Finally the ****m could be really broken.
my answare is:
1. If ****m doesnt support 4G it must be automaticaly determain 2G or 3G. You can see picture. . This is my phone. It is mean that our providers supported 2G, 3G and 4G technalogies. May be there is some AT commands which can help ****m determain 2G and 3G if not support 4G.
I changed provider even, but no result. May be there is a problem with SIM CARD. May be I need to use old Sim Card. This ****m worked before with static IP address. And today we are using TC63 Siemens ****ms. It is too old ****ms. But it is operated well. We installed it in 2011 year. I remmeber 3 years ego I replace sim card and it started to operate automaticaly.
2.I dont think we have a problem with IMEI number. Few days ego I installed 5 pcs. (UMTS/HSPA/GSM/GPRS/GSM/EDGE + GPS SYSTEM (PHS8-P)) ****ms without of registration and all of them well operated.
3. I have a 2 ****ms. I dont think so both of them can be broken.
It is not clear for me what the setup is - what is data logger and what device is the module connected to. Is it possible for you to get any log file with the communication of your device with the module (AT commands) or to connect to the module with a terminal program and verify if it can register to the network, establish a data connection etc.? Is the SIM card working with your phone for example?
When did the problem start - when you replaced the SIM card, changed any software, hardware etc.?
I am here at the station. Which AT commands i need to use for getting of any log files.
We are using Data Logger 40m with your modem we must be estblish internet for remote control of the system. quality of the connection 38% but modem is offline. I asked of the Provider to **** down 3G and 4G. I think so may be modem is 3G modem and cant dedect 4G technalogies. But i see no any result. My next step to update last firmware.
I have no knowledge about your data logger device. The device can communicate with the module over USB or RS232 interface. There probably is a way to read some log file or sniff the communication on the hardware interface (if there's any interface available on the casing it's most probably not the module's direct interface). However without a knowledge about the device I can't help you much here. Therefore I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer with the problem you are facing. Besides their device they should alo have a knowledge about the wireless module they are using within the device.
If it shows any signal quality (38% as you have written) the modem must be registered to the network. So if the data transmission does not work it might mean some configuration issue (for instance APN address, user and password), no data subscription for thie SIM card, poor signal quality etc. I wouldn't assume on start that the communication module is malfunctioning or that the firmware update will fix all the problems.
Please check the possible configurations first, try SIM from another provider, change the location, check if other units are also having this problem etc.
I updated firmware.
but modem is not operated.
what i have to do. 48% signal quality but modem still disconnected(offline).
^SOPS: (1,4,"BAKCELL AZ","",0,"40002",0),(1,1,"Azercell","Azercell",1,"40001",0)
+CME ERROR: 100