Upgrading the JRC MIDlet as part of a FW update | Thales IoT Developer Community
January 16, 2018 - 4:36pm, 3339 views
I'm looking at doing firmware updates in the field and I am trying to figure out a way to update the JRC MIDlet in a fail-safe manor.
My firmware update process goes something like this:
- Upload .JAD, .JAR and .USF file to modem's internal FFS using the AT^AT^SJDL=1 command
- Verify CRC on each file
- Stop currently running MIDlet (JRC MIDlet is the only one installed as I don't have any other applications installed)
- Install NEW JRC MIDlet over the top of the old MIDlet
- Start NEW JRC MIDlet
- Update firmware with AT^SFDL=2 command
If I power cycle during the JRC MIDlet install (step 4), the FFS appears to be inaccessible and AT^SJAM=4 reports nothing installed.
- Am I doing something wrong in my sequence above?
- Is there a way to avoid the state I am currently in and/or make my update recoverable if powercycled at step 4?
- Is there a way I can recover this board?