February 4, 2014 - 12:04pm, 3424 views
Are they more reliable? Which are typical verticals or markets where they are used?
Only a wireless connection is a good connection!
The MIM modules are much more reliable than standard consumer SIM's:
- Survive extremes of vibration, temperature, and humidity (- 40°C / +105°C vs. -25°C / +85°C)
- Endure a long life span (ex: 10 years), the memory allows more writes (17y/80°C vs 5-7y)
- Occupy a small footprint (miniaturization), also a 6x5mm M2M Quad (solderable)
- Withstand and integrate into industrial manufacturing processes
- supports Subscription Management Services, eUICC and Application Enablement
Markets include automotive and healthcare with a long time usage and reliability requirement.
Communication and Mechatronics
Enkom Active Oy – www.enkom-active.fi
Upseerinkatu 3 A, 02600 Espoo, Finland
Mobile: +358 400 411368
Office: +358 10 204 0000
Fax: +358 10 204 0010
Wow, that's a great summary - thank you!
© 2013-2014 Gemalto M2M GmbH