Thales IoT Developer Community
Smart badge with TX62 module
Tutorial, June 9, 2021 - 5:39pm, 3390 views
This is a nice HW and SW project to demonstrate the power saving technology of NBIoT and CatM.
- designed for TX62 Cinterion module
- 2.9'' E-ink display with zero power consumption
- 24h life time with a 3.8V, 200mAh LiIo battery
- native USB2.0 slot for module access
- microSIM slot for an NBioT/CatM capable SIM card
- on board multi band ceramic LTE antenna
- Accelerometer, GPS for activity tracking
- small microcontroller STM32L431
The SW is based on a 2 task simple operating system. It runs 2 serial interface streams, one of them an AT command stack. We use the module internal MQTT service and power saving mechanisms like PSM.