Thanks for your interest in Gemalto M2M, your one-stop-shop for developing innovative M2M and Internet of Things solutions! Whether you are just dabbling in M2M for the first time, an experienced hobbyist, or a seasoned M2M developer, this interactive site provides a wealth of information and resources for adding wireless connectivity to devices, machines and objects and building innovative M2M applications.
The Gemalto M2M Developer Community is your definitive source for developing successful M2M applications and it’s the ideal place to begin your DIY project. It offers everything you need to get started including:
- A solid knowledge base for beginners including M2M terms, definitions, FAQs, tutorials and step-by-step “how-to” instructions for common tasks
- An interactive forum where you can discuss challenges and solutions with peers and Gemalto experts, as well as a venue to share your knowledge and expertise with others
- A library of current M2M applications and use cases along with anecdotes of hurdles crossed while bringing applications to market
- A source for downloading sample code and re-usable drivers to expedite your project timeline
We defined some "netiquette" we would kindly ask you to consider. “Netiquette”, or the etiquette of the Internet, are simple rules and guidelines for communicating online to keep things polite and positive to help ensure a good experience for all users. Following are guidelines for participating in the Gemalto Developer Community:
- The language of the platform is English, please use English for questions, comments and to share other content
- Use proper grammar and spelling but be mindful that people from all over the world participate in forums, English is not the native language of all users
- Be polite, helpful and supportive
- Share your knowledge
- Respect diverse perspectives, diversity fosters creativity and innovation
- Keep it short and simple
- Avoid inflammatory, aggressive or rude remarks, especially in heated or emotional conversations, even if someone “flames” you
- Stay objective and consider other points of view without necessarily agreeing
- Respect intellectual property rights for images, ideas, quotes, code, etc.
- Be patient, participants come from many different time zones and answers may not come immediately
- Share only information intended for this audience (M2M and IoT developers)
- Do not share confidential or proprietary information
- No spamming, mass emailing or commercial posts allowed
- Avoid sending repetitious or strings of emails to the same person or people (no personal spamming)
- Avoid sarcasm and irony, it is rarely received as intended
- Avoid links to external webpages that contain offensive, politically incorrect or pornographic content
Gemalto M2M owns the right to edit or delete content or to lock out users who do not respect these rules.